Monday, May 24, 2021

Greetings from Fallsmead

It was quite hot on Sunday and the cicadas were very loud! We did a bunch of chores in the morning, had hummus and pita for lunch, and went to Fallsmead Park, which a friend who lives in walking distance had told me had a family of geese with rapidly growing goslings. In fact, there were two families -- one with slightly awkward adolescent goslings, one with younger fluffy newborns whom my friend told me she hadn't seen yet. We also ran into the husband and daughter of another friend whom I've only seen on Zoom in the past year and we saw many turtles, red-winged blackbirds, and more cicadas. 

DSCN8936

DSCN8938

DSCN8933

DSCN8944A

DSCN8949A

2021-05-23 14.14.55A

2021-05-23 14.15.25A 

We had dinner with my parents; since we won't be around on my father's birthday, we picked up food from Not Your Average Joe's and ate it while Phil Mickelson was becoming the oldest man to win a PGA Championship. Then we came home for the hilarious Cuban Missile Crisis/Harvard football episode of Legends of Tomorrow, which was hilariously retro, and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which has some flaws compared to the first two but I love the female power (Elizabeth Swann, Pirate King) and I really love the scene in which the pirates of the whole Empire turn on British imperialism!

No comments: