Monday, April 04, 2022

Greetings from Virginia Parks

Another quickie post-Grammy Awards, which were a lot more enjoyable than the Oscars, much to my surprise since I usually know the movies better than the music. There were a lot of lovely concert performances, a lot of superb women, and a lovely In Memorial that started with Taylor Hawkins and segued into a Sondheim medley with Cynthia Erivo, Ben Platt, Leslie Odom Jr., and Rachel Zegler mashing up "Not a Day Goes By," "Send in the Clowns," and "Somewhere." I'm happy for Jon Batiste appreciated the Ukraine segment. I watched more of that than I did of the women's NCAA final, but I'm glad Dawn Staley and the Gamecocks won, though nearly all my family was rooting for UConn. 

The rest of my day was lovely: I finished scanning all the Margaret Anderson articles I've had in binders since grad school, then we had brunch and drove to Virginia. We went first to Frying Pan Farm Park, which has many lambs and piglets at this time of year as well as horses, goats, rabbits, chickens, and more, then we went to Riverbend Park to see the bluebells and try to see the eagles, who were hiding in their nest because of the wind, but there were many grebes, buffleheads, geese, and swallows in and around the river and a variety of wildflowers all over the park. And while folding laundry, I discovered that Versailles is now on Netflix! 

2022-04-03 14.46.19

2022-04-03 14.57.14

2022-04-03 14.43.40

2022-04-03 15.47.44

DSCN9832

2022-04-03 16.42.13

No comments: