Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Poem for Tuesday and Countryside Animals

April
By Yvor Winters

The little goat
crops
new grass lying down
leaps up eight inches
into air and
lands on four feet.
Not a tremor -
solid in the spring and serious
he walks away

 -------- 

My Monday was pretty thoroughly uninteresting unless you're interested in how many loads of laundry got done, how many photos got organized, and how many phone calls about 's parents' health were made (they're about the same -- one being put on antivirals, the other not because of issues with medications interacting, but neither sicker than a head cold, fortunately). I did get to watch the last three episodes of Our Flag Means Death with via Zoom, which would be a highlight of any day -- leaving Twitter over Elon Musk won't be a sacrifice for me except that I won't be able to tweet demanding that show's renewal. 

We had leftover CPK from Friday night for dinner and watched baseball (the Red Sox didn't have a good night, the Angels did; Syndergaard wasn't pitching but they talked about how he had named one of his gloves Loki, which makes me happy). In between games, we watched this season's penultimate episode of The Endgame, which has gone from moderately silly to hilariously ridiculous, but I watch to see Elena flirt with Val, not for the plot. Here are animals we met on the Countryside Artisans tour, including goats and birds at Something Earthy, barnyard animals at Breezy Hill Farm, a cat at Art of Fire, and a dog at Dancing Leaf Farm: 

2022-04-24 15.43.28

2022-04-24 15.34.50

DSCN1117A

DSCN1099A

DSCN1112A

2022-04-24 15.57.00

2022-04-24 16.43.00 

ETA: I tweeted "I feel like 'The Endgame' jumped the shark the first week, jumped a Sharknado the third week, and is now jumping a three-headed shark that's eating three people at once, but I can't stop watching because of this [photo of Elena and Val gazing into each other's eyes]" and Ryan Michelle Bathe tweeted back, "Jumped is such a strong word." I may have shrieked and woken my husband and cats! 

No comments: