Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Poem for Tuesday and Midsummer Night's Pages

A Midsummer Night's Dream Act 2, Scene 1, Lines 2–7
By William Shakespeare

Over hill, over dale,
Thorough bush, thorough brier,
Over park, over pale,
Thorough flood, thorough fire,
I do wander every where,
Swifter than the moon's sphere;
And I serve the fairy queen,
To dew her orbs upon the green:
The cowslips tall her pensioners be;
In their gold coats spots you see;
Those be rubies, fairy favours,
In those freckles live their savours:
I must go seek some dew-drops here
And hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear.
Farewell, thou lob of spirits: I'll be gone;
Our queen and all her elves come here anon.

-------- 

I had a busy Monday but I got a lot done, the biggest thing being that I gave away all the professional VHS tapes in the house -- hundreds of them -- to a freecycler. I also took all the rest of the VHS tapes out of their boxes and put the boxes into a huge box I got from my parents to take to the county recycling center (we have to figure out where to take the VHS tapes themselves, since they're considered hazardous waste). I also mailed an Amazon package back at UPS and an eBay sale package at the post office, plus I stopped at the mall to pick up a Bath & Body Works order and at my parents to get the aforementioned boxes. 

We had peanut noodles with chick'n for dinner, then we watched three more episodes of For All Mankind, which is absolutely fantastic in both story and performances, and so far I'm really not sorry the Soviets landed on the moon first no matter what shenanigans got the Equal Rights Amendment passed. I'm glad they addressed the facts about von Braun and I absolutely love Ellen, Danielle, Tracy, and especially Molly! Here are some pictures from the National Building Museum's Playhouse entrance, which is designed like a pop-up book of A Midsummer Night's Dream approaching the tunnel that leads to the Folger's performance stage. 

2022-08-21 13.05.01

2022-08-21 13.05.14

2022-08-21 13.06.52

2022-08-21 13.06.06

2022-08-21 15.38.56

2022-08-21 13.07.27

2022-08-21 15.29.59

No comments: