Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Poem for Tuesday and Cox Farms Piglets

On the Sale of My Farm
By Robert Frost

Well-away and be it so,
To the stranger let them go.
Even cheerfully I yield
Pasture, orchard, mowing-field,
Yea and wish him all the gain
I required of them in vain.
Yea and I can yield him house,
Barn, and shed, with rat and mouse
To dispute possession of.
These I can unlearn to love.
Since I cannot help it? Good!
Only be it understood,
It shall be no trespassing
If I come again some spring
In the grey disguise of years,
Seeking ache of memory here. 

-------- 

I had lots of fun this weekend so I had lots of chores on Monday, none of which is worth reporting except the folding of laundry, which I did while watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer's "Once More With Feeling" which is where I am in my rewatch. It's still the best single episode of a TV series that I've ever seen. We had some drizzle in the afternoon, but not right before dinner when we wanted to walk, so that all worked out, too. 

Evening TV mostly involved the Broncos and Chargers, now in overtime on Monday Night Football, since the Yankees-Cleveland game was postponed. We also watched the season finale of Fate: The Winx Saga, which had nice momentum and lovely visuals, and this week's Quantum Leap, still ignoring consent issues but having fun with Western tropes this week -- I wanted Russell Crowe from The Quick and the Dead to come settle things.

DSCN1822A

DSCN1748

2022-10-16 14.21.39

DSCN1837A

2022-10-16 14.42.44

2022-10-16 14.42.00

DSCN1834A

No comments: