Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Poem for Wednesday and Lake Needwood Leaves

November Night
By Adelaide Crapsey

Listen...
With faint dry sound,
Like steps of passing ghosts,
The leaves, frost-crisp'd, break from the trees
And fall.

-------- 

We finally passed the 90-day mark and were able to get our bivalent Covid boosters, which was the major event of my Tuesday after a morning of chores -- a drive to Walgreens in Potomac Village, filling out the forms (again) because the online versions didn't go through this time any better than last time, waiting, and getting the shot, which so far is making me a bit tired but no major side effects, huzzah. It was overcast all day but no rain, so we got to take a walk in the afternoon, too. 

My Voyager group watched "Demon" -- I thought I remembered clones, mostly because I remembered fan fiction involving clones, and I forgot how stupid the science of the clones was, but it's still mostly a fun episode as long as I don't think about it for more than five seconds. Then we watched The School For Good and Evil, not just silly but in most ways a straight rip-off of Harry Potter and the stories Harry Potter ripped off in turn, but all girl power so entertaining. Leaf color at Lake Needwood: 

DSCN2020

DSCN1996

2022-10-23 13.56.34

DSCN2026

2022-10-23 13.52.49

DSCN2000

2022-10-23 14.49.43

No comments: