Sunday, February 06, 2022

Greetings from Carderock

It was cold but sunny on Saturday, so after some morning chores (okay, after serving as a cat blanket until nearly 11 a.m. while reading in bed) and lunch, we went to Carderock, where the wind was biting but there were some ducks, geese, a heron, and a red-shouldered hawk to keep us company, and I got to play with my new-old (or is it old-new to me) camera, a Nikon Coolpix P610 because I've been really happy with the P600 for many years and the used P610 was less than half the price of newer bridge cameras that have more complaints in reviews! 

DSCN6864

DSCN6840A

DSCN6852

DSCN6915

DSCN6848

2022-02-05 15.02.06 

All the TV we watched were Olympic events -- some biathlon, some snowboarding, some speed skating, and the women's short program and men's long program in the team figure skating competition. I am bad at rooting by nation unless it seems like someone is getting away with something outrageous -- I love the Russian guy skating to Jesus Christ Superstar and the Japanese guy skating to Gladiator, so while I wish Vincent Zhou had nailed all his quads, I can't be sorry that the others skated well. I don't love Valieva the way I loved Medvedeva, but no question she deserved her scores.

 

No comments: