Thursday, February 10, 2022

Poem for Thursday and Brookside Orchids

This Winter I Went Sledding
By Kenn Nesbitt

This winter I went sledding.
I crashed into a tree.
I ran into another one
while learning how to ski.

I slipped upon the sidewalk;
I didn’t see the ice.
A snowball hit me in the face.
(My sister’s not too nice.)

My snowman toppled over.
It landed on my head.
My tongue got frozen to a pole.
I pulled it off. It bled.

I froze my toes and fingers.
They hurt so much I cried.
So, yes, the snow is pretty,
but I think I’ll stay inside.

-------- 

Quickie, was watching Nathan Chen be amazing along with Hanyu, Uno, Kagiyama and many others, plus trying to keep up with the "it doesn't count as doping if she's underage" skating scandal and chatting with Daniel about things like whether to do laundry before or after he moves tomorrow. 

I talked to 2/3 of my high school friends, which was great, it was absolutely gorgeous out, we took a long walk, we watched the season finale of The Book of Boba Fett, more about that tomorrow but mostly lots of love. Brookside Gardens conservatory orchids:

DSCN7002

DSCN7038

DSCN7008

DSCN7044

DSCN7041

DSCN7001

No comments: