Thursday, February 17, 2022

Poem for Thursday and Green Spring Greenhouse

I Hide Myself Within My Flower
By Emily Dickinson

I hide myself within my flower,    
That wearing on your breast,    
You, unsuspecting, wear me too—    
And angels know the rest.    
 
I hide myself within my flower,
That, fading from your vase,    
You, unsuspecting, feel for me    
Almost a loneliness.

-------- 

The highlight of my Wednesday as usual was talking to my high school friends at lunchtime, though it was a nice day in general, good weather, lots of birds and squirrels, and leftover Valentine's Day candy. We caught up on the two episodes of Billions that we missed watching the Olympics, which I thought I'd miss but I really don't. 

We also watched the first two episodes of Reacher, which I liked better than I expected -- it's pretty violent and barely scrapes out a Bechdel pass but the pacing is good and it's well-cast. The conservatory at Green Spring Gardens was open last weekend, so here are some of the fancy potted plants and cacti growing there: 

DSCN7391

DSCN7366

DSCN7387

DSCN7388

DSCN7370

DSCN7380

DSCN7367

No comments: