Friday, February 25, 2022

Poem for Friday and Meadowlark Bell Garden

From 'The Book of Absence'
By Alireza Roshan
Translated by Erfan Mojib and Gary Gach

The foot
that brought me to You
now
in a bread line
plays with a pebble

*

Missing someone
is a mother
who leaves the front door ajar

*

I want to open a door
onto a sea & a night
I want to open a door
onto you
who are the sea & the night

*

As the seasons change
the plums
are replaced by persimmons
longing
by
longing

*

He told Adam
“Your fall is temporary
You’ll come back to me”
but Adam built a house
and called it home

*

I’d wanted to be the wind
in my beloved’s hair
but am only a breeze
amidst gnarly shrubs

*

Between me and you
I am a wall
Take me down

 -------- 

The temperature dropped over 30 degrees between Wednesday and Thursday, and it rained nearly all day, so I did not venture far afield though we did take a walk when it went from pouring to merely drizzling. Most of my day was spent scanning old letters and cards, then tearing them in half to donate the parts with illustrations for art projects and recycling the rest. I found lots of treasures, including notes from my grandparents and mockery from my sister. 

 I had my usual Thursday night fangirl chat sandwiched between two episodes of Young Wallander, which I wasn't sure I'd like because Kenneth Branagh is so compelling in the original, but I like the writing and the actors are very good. I can't cope with watching the news, I don't know what more anyone can do that doesn't risk destabilizing the entire global supply chain and starting World War III. Here are some pictures of Meadowlark Gardens' peaceful Korean Bell Garden: 

2022-02-20 14.51.32

2022-02-20 14.47.17

2022-02-20 14.43.02

2022-02-20 14.50.42

2022-02-20 14.47.29

2022-02-20 14.48.24

2022-02-20 14.44.25

No comments: