Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Poem for Tuesday and Icy Falls

Corinthians 13:11
By Jennifer Martelli

I follow Marcia Brady on Twitter: Mo McCormick, Actor/Author.

She posts a video with her older brother and they dance, a fast waltz,

under an oak tree with dozens of hanging pastel paper parasols.

She holds his hands, looks up into his face: he watches her feet.

I wish we were friends. I’d call her, Mo, too, one syllable, low:

prayerful, bovine. Mo asks her brother, do you have a girlfriend yet?

She leads, spins him around: I love her in a way I couldn’t back then.

As a child, I loved the middle girl, Jan, the jealous one, Eve Plumb,

Bible spondee fruit, with a TV J-name, and that blue crochet vest.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child.

When I was a child, I’d see Mo’s face on my tin lunchbox, but now I see

her freckles mirrored a small star cluster visible on clear nights—

Constellation of Bejewelled Silver Studs on Soft Velvet Bell Bottoms.

Constellation of Kindness. Constellation of Purple Devotion.

-------- 

My Monday wasn't exciting apart from repairing a bracelet I broke -- laundry, photo uploads, scanning a big chunk of the photos we brought back from my in-laws (their baby books but mostly modern era, lots of kids' school photos, church family photos, and some vacations). We're in what passes for a heat wave this winter, so we took a nice walk on the woods path in the mostly-melted snow. 

We watched this week's Snowpiercer, in which Sean Bean was delightfully unhinged but I want Jennifer Connelly back, then we watched Celebrating Betty White: America's Golden Girl, which was a nice way to start the week since everything connected to her from her humor to her animal activism is a joy. Some winter scenes from Great Falls, including people "skating" on the canal: 

DSCN6797

DSCN6790

DSCN6741

DSCN6752

DSCN6757

DSCN6736

DSCN6648

No comments: