Monday, January 03, 2022

Greetings from Potomac Mills

Quickie, I'm watching Free Guy with Daniel who hadn't yet seen it (and who is explaining both Yellowjackets and the game The Witcher is based on to me). Earlier we went to Potomac Mills and met Cheryl to see Spider-Man: No Way Home, my first time in a movie theater in two years -- we knew from buying advance tickets that it was only about 1/3 full, and it was reasonably well masked though people were taking them off to eat and drink -- the rows of seats in the IMAX are spaced further apart since it's the largest theater, too, so I felt pretty safe double masked. 

I really loved the movie -- I won't discuss plot points, but the connections to 20 years' worth of previous films and the performances of the biggest name guest stars made it a real delight, save for one plot point that makes sense for Peter Parker's character development (and because the presence of prior franchise villains meant comparisons were going to be drawn) but it still fit a pattern that bothers me. Plus I got to see it with Daniel and Cheryl, with whom we then grabbed Impossible Burgers at a completely empty Burger King before heading home. A few pictures from today: 

2022-01-02 14.07.50

2022-01-02 14.09.59A

2022-01-02 19.21.24

2022-01-01 22.52.49A

No comments: