Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Poem for Wednesday and Sunday's Turtles

Canal Bank Walk
By Patrick Kavanagh

Leafy-with-love banks and the green waters of the canal
Pouring redemption for me, that I do
The will of God, wallow in the habitual, the banal,
Grow with nature again as before I grew.

The bright stick trapped, the breeze adding a third
Party to the couple kissing on an old seat,
And a bird gathering materials for the nest for the Word
Eloquently new and abandoned to its delirious beat.

O unworn world enrapture me, encapture me in a web
Of fabulous grass and eternal voices by a beech,
Feed the gaping need of my senses, give me ad lib
To pray unselfconsciously with overflowing speech
For this soul needs to be honoured with a new dress woven
From green and blue things and arguments that cannot be proven.

-------- 

Pretty quiet Tuesday though I got a lot of chores done, and in the process I found a couple of things the kids wrote/drew years ago that I hadn't scanned so that was fun. It was sticky and drizzled a couple of times but didn't really rain, and it had cooled off by the time we walked in the afternoon (a good chipmunk and bunny day, though we also saw a dead opossum -- I hadn't ever seen one in the woods here, not even a live one). 

 In our quest to see every Marvel project with Thor before Love and Thunder, we rewatched Avengers: Endgame, which still has things I love (Frigga) and things I hate (Vormir) after leftovers for dinner and the odious, derivative "Scientific Method" with my Voyager group. Now I'm watching the other Thor, Noah Syndergaard, since the Angels-Dodgers game is on TBS. Some of the canal turtles we saw when we visited on Sunday: 

DSCN9139

DSCN9152A

DSCN9213

DSCN9178

DSCN9056

DSCN9180

DSCN9131

No comments: